Search This Blog

Sunday, October 2, 2022

Big Sky Big Dog - Walk #520 (Shenanigans Curtailed, Squirrel)

I have been posting dog videos for a week now.

We've been walking as a group since the puppies (Hope, Charity and Red) were about four months old.

Prior to that Cho, Cookie and Tulie would walk but once Cookie delivered the nine puppies we took a four month break.

I have been wanting to shoot videos of the walks for a while but, due to a variety of plandemic and work issues there hasn't been enough time.

What you see now in these videos is the result of a consorted training effort going back to April of 2021. (Probably about 200 hours of walks in total up to now). By the time the puppies were about four months they were able to start walking the distance (probably a little over 1/2 mile).  But the walk was not very organized and they literally ran in circles.

I would get "maypoled" as they would circle the leashes on opposite directions around my legs.  More than once I tied them off to the gas piping and stormed off to show them my displeasure.

As time passed it became apparent that Red was the new leader (Cookie was before him but now she moved relinquished that position).  Red is very easy to handle and he listens to commands so I attach him directly to me with a custom harness.  Tulie, who is about seven years old, used to run loose but she developed a habit if running over to the road so she is now attached via the orange string.

The remainder are attached to standard retractable leashes which I manage (like a puppet master) during the walks.

Leaving anybody loose (of the Great Pyrenees) always leads to trouble so I don't try it anymore.  The road is close by and cars travel fast there.

I shoot the videos on an iPhone 13 using ShiftCam lenses (https://shiftcam.com/collections/prolens-series).

I am pretty happy with the 230° FishEye lens though I have tried the others.  I also use their mounting solution (seen at https://shiftcam.com/collections/lens-mounting).

Today's video:

As a bonus I have added my "Tulie Editing" video here - it was deemed unacceptable on Facebook.  Perhaps it will be allowed here:



No comments:

Post a Comment