Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

I found this today...

Its a small forum at the WSJ related to newspapers...

I posted about me and this blog...

This is what I said:

I have a lot to say on newspaper's and print...

I write about it here http://lwgat.blogspot.com/ every day.

(This is a shameless promo... but my topics are much more interesting than what I see here..)

I've been in the print business in one form or another for 30 years. I started working on desk top printer software drivers in 1980 and have been involved in all aspects of print (including owning a printing company).

Today I have a company called Lexigraph that provides software solutions for print. My solutions touch your life everyday - and you don't realize it.

I have written recently about how high-speed inkjets are taking over from traditional presses, how electronic media is hammering traditional print, how the corporate mouthpieces of the industry lead the masses astray with nonsense about technological solutions such as transpromo, how the "pension problems" affecting government are going to impact print and much more.

Newpaper printing is doomed: my eighty year old mother likes newspapers but my grown children don't know what they're for. My grand children can't take the time to read a book...

The only question is how the collapse will work and what, like the tiny mammals of evolution, will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment