Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Censorship...

I've noticed some interesting censorship issues related to this blog.

Censorship: "Censorship is the suppression of speech or other communication which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or inconvenient to the general body of people as determined by a government, media outlet, or other controlling body." - from Wikipedia.

This falls to this blog because print is among the types of "other communication".

One reason is that I don't like what I see on a lot of the other print-related blogs.  There is too much mindless rah-rah, pointless discussions and too much discussion of issues, take transpromo as an example, where the real costs and issues are not properly vetted.

I think that the industry as a whole is being done a disservice by this.  Look at what happened with the hype over VDP in the early 2000's.  Industry change is constant.  What you do about it is important.

What's needed is industry leadership - not cheer-leadership.

I've also noticed there is a wide collection of sites that are very uninterested in any sort of new "blogs" that do not follow the standard line.  Forum posts disappear, comments never find their way into pages, that sort of thing.  Not just recently but over the last several years.

Unlike these other sites I keep a list of blogs, forums, and so forth that I find useful on the right side of this blog.

I have nothing to hide nor do I wish to censor anyone's free speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment