Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mother May I... Have a Flu Shot

Joseph Gobbels - Wikipedia
 I constantly receive random 1-800 calls at work.

Here's one...  (transcribed by the voice mail system)

Date    : Feb 13 2013 03:47:07 PM
From    : Name Unavailable (1800555____)
To    : The Lone Wolf  (1724555____)

"This UPMC health plan calling with an important health message for season is upon us. Make sure to cover your mouth when you sneeze, wash your hands frequently and most importantly prevent the flu by getting a flu shot. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that every one age 6 months and older get a flu shot. You can get your flu shot at your doctor's office, pharmacy or at a local flu clinic. Thank you"

The ministry of propaganda is at it again.

Flu shots, as I wrote here recently, are scientifically useless (have no measurable effect).   Basically they are magical thinking by the CDC (as I wrote in "Flu Shots and Magical Thinking" a few years ago).  Their own web sites and statistics don't even make logical sense.

I pay a good bit each month (and soon I will be forced to pay each month) for what used to be called "health insurance."

And these very idiots are calling me, with my money, to tell me that some idiot or idiots in my government want me to "conform" to their model of useless treatment even though their treatment is proven to be useless.

(Of course, there may be some placebo effect from the vaccine but that's hard to measure.  I could take a sugar pill and convince myself of the same thing and receive the same effect...)

How about using my money to get the CDC to stop with the flu shot nonsense entirely.

How about some actual research on the flu?

How about you stop nagging me to do something useless.

And no one questions this stupidity...  No, not at all. 

Flu shots are good for you!

Just like gas ovens.

Personally I've found proper health and nutrition much more effective than anything else I have done in my life to make me healthy.

Doctors today don't receive nutritional training in medical school.

No comments:

Post a Comment