Search This Blog

Friday, June 10, 2011

One More XCode 4 Nit

Okay, so I have split my XCode 4 project into another branch and now use 3.2.6 for the new branch as I explained in the last post on this subject.

Today I am busy reworking some files in the XCode 4 project into a set of common files shared between an iOS build and a Mac OS X.

In my various projects currently each type of project has its own source files in its respective project folder.

I am now making some of these files common to both types of project.  This means taking file "foo.c" from the XCode 4 project folder where it currently resides and putting it into a common folder, say "common/foo.c" - which is outside the XCode 4 project tree.

To do this I remove the file from the XCode 4 project, then copy the file into the common folder, and finally put the file back into the XCode 4 project from the new location - and no I do not use the Copy check box when it puts it back in, that way it should use the file from the new location.  I also do not delete the original file (just remove the reference) because in case I have problems or need to make a demo I still want the file available.

Rebuilding in XCode 4 at this point, however, does not use the "foo.c" from the new location - nope - it still uses the old "foo.c" from the old location in the XCode 4 project folder - even though I removed the old one from the XCode 4 project.

Sadly this does not seem to happen all the time - just some times.

Pleaae Apple - let's get this to work right!

No comments:

Post a Comment